Furniture Insurance Agreement
1. The Renter has entered into an agreement with The Owner (Urban Chic Property Styling Pty Ltd 3B/415 West Botany Street, KOGARAH NSW 2217 ABN: 56 160 854 240) for the hire of items listed on the ‘Quotation/Invoice’ (the items).
2. The renter agrees to accept and the owner offers furniture insurance in respect of the items listed in the schedule for the duration of the rental period (automatically continuing until after collection) against the following defined events;
a) Theft and/or Vandalism of one or more of the items which has been reported to the nearest police station within 48 hours of the event resulting from a forcible entry of the premises where the items are/were located as long as the location is the same as set out on the quotation/invoice or previous
correspondence between Urban Chic and the client, or such other location approved by the owner in writing.
b) Fire/Flood or Force Majeure causing damage to one or more of the items which has been reported to the nearest police station within 48hrs of the event resulting from a fire in the premises where the items are located so long as the location is the same as set out in the schedule or such other location approved
by the owner in writing.
N.B. Insurance is offered by the owner in respect of the defined events a) and b) and does not extend to willful or intentional acts, or acts of negligence committed directly or indirectly by the renter. Acts of negligence includes soiling or damage to furnishings by pets or animals or persons known to the renter
All furnishings are supplied for display only and are not for use by the renter.
3. The renter shall within 3 business days of a defined event notify the owner in writing of any damage to or loss of the furnishings and provide the owner with a copy of the report or statement given by the renter to the police.
4. No excess shall apply.
5. The owner shall not seek to recover from the renter the cost of any one or more of the items lost, destroyed or damaged as a result of defined events a) or b) subject to compliance by the renter with the conditions contained herein.
6. The cost to the renter of the risk protection plan shall be noted on the renter’s invoice.
7. Insurance is optional. If the renter does not wish to take up insurance then Urban Chic Property Styling must be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior and the total invoice will be reduced by the cost of insurance noted. If the renter does not wish to take up the optional insurance then no insurance cover shall apply and the renter shall be responsible for the full replacement cost of any items lost, stolen or damaged.
8. Payment by the renter of the insurance component of the quotation/invoice is deemed to be an unconditional
acceptance of this Furniture Insurance Agreement.