A quick browse on any of the major real estate selling sites such as www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au will reveal a huge gap between homes that have been photographed as is (sometimes with kids’ rooms filled to the brim with stuffed toys or kitchens with piles of washing up in the sink) and homes that have been professionally styled to look clean, uncluttered and highly desirable. This is where property styling began and why it is so important when you come to sell your own home.
Why property styling is important
Most buyers now search for their new home via the internet and create a short-list of properties they feel will be worth viewing, before they pick up the phone and call a real estate agent. To get on as many of those short-lists as possible is imperative to attracting the maximum number of potential buyers to get in their cars and attend an open inspection. First impressions count and the quality of the images they see of your home on the internet will be crucial to getting buyers through your front door.
Once buyers have been enticed to view your home, a professional property stylist would have thought ahead about the many factors that could entice them to fall head over heels in love with your home and tip them into making an offer. Some of these factors are:
- Creating a cohesive look throughout the home with beautifully coordinated furnishings and accessories that will appeal to your target market of buyers
- Decluttering to make rooms look more spacious and using mirrors strategically to expand the sense of space further
- Placing furniture for ease of flow for people moving through the home
- Pulling the eye to a focal point in each room
- Maximising your home’s strong points and minimising the impact of problems such as a window with an unattractive view
- Showing buyers how each space in your home can be used, eg by adding a compact home office area in an under-utilised space
- Adding extra storage options if your home appears to have inadequate storage space
- Adding final details such as potted plants
An expert property stylist from Urban Chic can also advise you on colours to choose if you are repainting before putting your home on the market, how to improve your home’s street appeal and so much more, from what small maintenance jobs need doing to buying a new front door mat (small details do count!).
Why property styling is worth it!
According to a panel of leading national real estate agents surveyed in September, 2019, having your home professionally styled to sell will make a big impact on how many buyers you attract, how quickly you sell your property and the price you achieve. In fact, 87% of these top agents believe that styling achieves a higher sales price, 70% agreed it leads to a quicker sale and 65% say styling will attract more bidders at auction.
At Urban Chic Property Styling we know all these outcomes are a fact, as shown by the many glowing testimonials from our delighted clients over the years. After all, there’s a good reason we have achieved more five-star reviews on Google than any other property styling company in Sydney!
We have the skills and experience after many years of property styling success to achieve the same great outcome for you, If you are considering embarking on the sale of your home anywhere in the greater Sydney region or the Illawarra, contact us today to make an appointment with one of our stylists.
Image courtesy of Chalk Pink Linen Company